Primary Responsibilities of Service Technicians
- By having a positive attitude and treating your customers with enthusiasm.
- By expertly servicing, repairing, or replacing plumbing systems or components of plumbing systems.
- By utilizing the Straight Forward Pricing Guide correctly on each call.
- By presenting options and straight forward pricing prior to beginning work on each call.
- By educating the customer as to the best decision they can make for their home and their family.
- By wearing floor savers while in the customer’s home and maintaining a neat work area while performing work.
- By explaining each service performed and ensuring that the customer is 100% satisfied with all work.
- By refusing to compromise your integrity in selling the customer a repair or replacement that is not necessary.
- By performing a complete inspection of the customer’s plumbing system to prevent future breakdowns.
- By striving to fulfill our Unique Selling Proposition “If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay!”
- By assisting fellow employees in their job duties whenever called upon to do so.
Maintain Technical Excellence
- Test each aspect of the job before leaving to prevent unnecessary callbacks and to ensure that we fixed it correctly the first time.
- Perform all repairs and replacements to meet or exceed the minimum local codes and with the appropriate materials. No shortcuts, No Exceptions.
- Familiarize yourself with the products, materials, and supplies we utilize in order to correctly service and install them.
Maintain a Safe Work Environment
- Convey a safety conscious attitude in regards to yourself, your customers, your fellow employees, and the general public at all times.
- Operate company provided equipment according to the safety guidelines approved by the manufacturer.
- Operate company vehicles in accordance with local and state laws and in a manner that ensures your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Comply to mandatory company driving policies.
- Maintain cleanliness of company truck inside and out.
Complete Administrative Duties
- Accurately complete all paperwork each day.
- Fill invoices completely including a detailed description of work performed.
- Fill out material request form on each completed job.
- Debrief with dispatch upon completion of each job.
- Contact dispatch for PO number for any material purchased.
- Turn in all parts receipts/packing slips acquired each day.
Achieve Sales Expectations
- Maximize lead opportunities and service appointments in order to attain minimum performance standards as communicated by the operations managers.
Conform to Company Image Standards
- By maintaining a clean cut look, wearing the company uniform correctly, and covering or removing any tattoos or piercings.
- By speaking with dignity and respect for others and not using crude or potentially offensive language.
- Adhering to franchise-specific company policies.
Ample Experience With:
- Tankless water heater sales, installation, and repair.
- Water softening and filtration systems.
- Tank type water heaters.
- Fixture replacement and repair.
- Video inspection of drain lines.
- Sewer cleaning, repair, and replacement.
- Leak location and repair.
- Able to enter and exit trucks without endangering yourself or others.
- Able to lift heavy equipment, water heaters, toilets, etc.
- Able to work in heat and observe proper safety precautions while doing so.
- Must have a current plumbing license issued by the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners. Master, Journeyman, or Tradesman. Inexperienced hires will be directed to obtain an apprentice license.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background checks.
- Must have a good driving record and be insurable through company insurance.
- Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment assessments.
- Ample call volume provides consistent hours and year round work.
- Hourly pay ensures that you will receive consistent compensation.
- Bonuses related directly to your sales revenue.
- Company vehicles may be driven home. (Subject to distance restrictions)
- Company provided uniforms are laundered weekly.
- Company cell phone.
- Extremely Competitive Benefits Including: Health, Denton, Vision, Life Insurance, & 401K plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off Policy, including paid holidays
- Excellent training helps you to succeed beyond your dreams
- Opportunities for advancement, so that your career path may progress
- Management training program for qualified employees.
Are you a good fit for the Benjamin Franklin Plumbing team?